Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to report a spoof email to Amazon

FIXED
steve_arnold
Grafter

Unable to report a spoof email to Amazon

Hi, I always report spoof emails I receive to the company being spoofed and have never had a problem, however this morning I've received by first ever Amazon spoof - written totally in German - but I'm unable to forward it either inline or as an attachment it always results in 'An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: XPuT1u0052uo9LG01PuUsn message rejected due to spam or virus. If you believe this is in error please login to your portal or contact your ISP support team.. Please check the message and try again'.

Any suggestions how I can report the fake domain to Amazon please.

The previous time I got that error was when forwarding a newsletter to my nephew and it sorted itself out after about a week.

Thanks

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
BDevine
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Re: Unable to report a spoof email to Amazon

Fix

May be worth taking a print screen and attaching the image of the email? That way it will get around what ever is being picked up as spam or a virus?

steve_arnold
Grafter

Hi,

That worked, I suppose the fact I couldn't forward it possibly means the domain has already been blacklisted , I was more surprised that it was the first Amazon spoof I'd received to be honest and if it hadn't been in German and I was less savvy I may have been fooled as the from address was spoofed as well to look like a genuine Amazon.de address. 

Steve

BDevine
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Glad to hear it sent, scammers seem to try anything these days, I'd mark the email as spam in your inbox also just so any future mail from the recipient goes straight to that folder.

Ben