cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive email (imap server problems?)

Suraklin

Unable to receive email (imap server problems?)

I have logged a ticket through official channels but previous experience tells me it may be some time before I get a response so I thought I'd see if anyone here can help...
About 10:50 Monday morning my email ceased working.
Initially email was viewable by squirrel mail & via iPhone and the only symptom was Outlook seemingly bahaving OK (i.e. no send/receive errors etc.) but not pulling down any email even thoguh sending still seemed OK. This is also happening on my wife's account on another PC but to eliminate any problems on these two machines we installed office on a third PC and had the same behaviour. We have not made any changes on any of our set ups within the timescales of the problem.
Since earlier today both squirrel mail and the iphone are getting errors that the imap servers are not responding - which would point to sometthing on the plus net end especially since I am accessing these from a totally different network where both webmail and iphone mail collection have been fine.
Historically I have found responses to questions from the plus team to be a little random and slow but responses here from other customers tend to be more helpful or at least confirm that otehrs are seeing the same issues.
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Unable to receive email (imap server problems?)

IMAP working fine here - and I've just sent myself a test email from Google which got through.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just taken a look and couldn't find any errors on your mailboxes, the catch-all does have a large amount of email stored on it so they may be causing some issues.
Have you tried using something like Magic Mail Monitor to check the mailboxes and see if you can log in through that? http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Suraklin

Thanks for checking Chris & jelv - webmail seems to be back again, if a little sluggish, so I'm going through clearing a bunch of spam out and will restart all clients when I get home and see if it is fixed.