cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login into member area

kimk

Unable to login into member area

I have received several emails stating that my force9 email account has been compromised and checked online and it appear that it has been

I obviously need to secure my account but cannot log in to the webmail management system as none of my email addresses and passwords are being recognised!

I'm overseas at the minute and the help line number won't work!  HELP!!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Unable to login into member area

Thanks for your post @kimk and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're unable to log into the member centre or webmail.

I've checked your Force9 account associated with the details in your forum profile and we don't seem to have sent you an email regarding this nor have we made any changes to your account.

Can you drop me a private message with a screenshot or a copy and paste of what the email says?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kimk

The email is the standard, " we've monitored your web activity and have access to your email account", "send $1680 to the following account" etc etc etc.

I've checked online and my account details are up for sale and according to AVG have been compromised.  Hence why I need to login to the member centre to change my passwords.

My account with Force9 was set up about 1994ish and I thought I knew the password but every combination fails and I cannot get a reset password email to work either!

I can't ring customer services as the number won't work from abroad, so I'm a bit stuck!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @kimk

Sorry for the confusion, I thought you meant the email was coming from us. 

Unfortunately the only way to reset your password if you can't do it online Here is to call us.

From abroad I'd recommend dialling 0044 345 140 0200 rather than our usual UK free phone number. 

I can't call you back because our phone system can't make international calls sadly. Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet