cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get my plusnet email working on new Galaxy S6lite tablet.

FIXED
whalleyman
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Unable to get my plusnet email working on new Galaxy S6lite tablet.

I am setting up my new galaxy tablet to receive my plusnet emails and have spent hours without any success. I use the gmail app as the outlook app will not accept the plusnet email settings. I have used the same settings which are on my Galaxy A40 phone which works fine (both running android 11). I have also changed the security settings to SSL/TLS port 993 as mentioned in an earlier post which still does not work. I keep getting the message " There is a problem while syncing.  Please try later" I strangely tried composing an email on the app and it was sent but there are no folders visible which is probably down to this syncing problem. Grateful if somebody knows how to help me get sorted.

4 REPLIES 4
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Unable to get my plusnet email working on new Galaxy S6lite tablet.

Hi @whalleyman,

On your other device, have you set the mailbox up as POP or IMAP?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
whalleyman
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Fix

Hi... Checked my tablet this morning and it looks like all of the messages and folders have now loaded.My account is set up as imap on the Gmail app  so assume the problem was down to the large amount of data which I have not deleted. It is bit slow at refreshing new emails but at least I know it is working

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

There's an answer to that, @whalleyman  - remove the ones you don't need. 😉

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

I'm glad to hear that it's all working now @whalleyman. As @jab1 has suggested, removing/deleting any emails you don't need should speed things up and it's always worth keeping on top of due to the mailbox size limits. If there's anything else we may be able to assist with, please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team