cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to empty my deleted items getting server error HTTP/2.0 500

Snackajack

Unable to empty my deleted items getting server error HTTP/2.0 500

I have been asked to reduce the size of my email folders as they are taking up a lot of space on the servers but I cannot empty my deleted items. I have tried several times but keep getting the server error. What can I do?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Unable to empty my deleted items getting server error HTTP/2.0 500

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums. You do not advise how you are accessing your mail account - via webmail or via a PC email client. If an email client, have you tried to empty the deleted items folder using webmail?

Are you able to delete items individually from the deleted items folder? I’m not suggesting you delete them manually, however it might help identify what’s going wrong.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Snackajack

Hello, thank you for your reply. I was in webmail and was unable to delete singularly or in bulk.
Snackajack

Hello again, I am still unable to delete mail from my deleted items. I have reported it via chat and they could not resolve the problem. The operator said she would log the problem but not heard anything yet. I would appreciate any suggestions as I am worried this may stop email coming through as the file is so large. Thank you in advance.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Exactly what error message do you see when attempting to delete emails using webmail?

Have you tried both the standard (round cube) and basic (squirrel) webmail clients?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Snackajack,

Thanks for getting in touch here.

I am sorry to see this issue is still ongoing, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I can see my colleague who you spoke with over the phone has raised this ticket here for you. This is due to be picked up by our network team, however, for now could you confirm which browser you are using - it may be worth trying the webmail page in another browser.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks.