cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download emails

philby

Unable to download emails

For the last 4 days I have been unable to download my emails.
My email client is Ritlabs The Bat, using POP3.  I have't changed anything at my end.  Internet access remains ok, I have rebooted my router & fibre modem.  Can access mail through webmail.
The program connects, tells me how many emails are but then never gets past the first email.
(Apologies if you've read this on another thread - it was suggested to me that my issue might be sightly different.)
Any ideas?
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Scooterman999
Rising Star

Re: Unable to download emails

For the past several days I too have had to wait an eternity to access and read my PN webmail messages.  It sometimes shows an error message starting "unable to access.....something or other", or it may show the number of messages in my inbox, but it never gets beyond this.
In April I changed from the much-maligned Talktalk (for different reasons: when they started messing with the "look" of their webmail screens) but the slowness of accessing messages was never, in eight years, as appalling as it now is with PlusNet.
Looks like I might be looking to change again, and enlisting legal help to challenge any attempted  early termination charges.
By the way I too haven't changed my set-up in any way.  Sorry I am not technically literate enough to describe what that is!
philby

Re: Unable to download emails

Mine just came back out of the blue yesterday.
I had gone onto webmail and deleted a lot of read emails on there but don't know if that had any effect or not.
It doesn't fill you with confidence!