cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create first email

VIV1
Hooked

Unable to create first email

When first opening account I don’t remember being asked to create an email account. Now when I go into manage emails there is obviously nothing there, so I try to create new domain name but it just fails to add and takes me back to start again. Tried many different variations but to no avail. Is there something I’m missing? Please help. 

9 REPLIES 9
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Unable to create first email

try reading this article

https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

Your default email address will be in the following format  "postmaster@yourusername.plus.com "

But you can add mailboxes by creating new names to replace postmaster in front of the rest of the string

Hope this helps

GPS

VIV1
Hooked

Thanks for the suggestions but the issue is every time I try to create a new email address is just says failed and nothing is listed. Just goes round in a loop!

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Perhaps you need technical support help . I dont use Plus Nets email service  myself nowadays but it is simple enough to set up an alternative:  GMail,Hotmail or Outlook email account and all are free. Are you logged into your user account correctly? I have just set up a new email account with Plus  net with no problems just by following the steps on the set up page. Without further information I am not sure what you are not doing correctly.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@VIV1  I THINK that there can be a problem that, if a mail address isnt requested/created at signup, then the email component isnt added correctly to the account. Meaning that it requires staff intervention to add the email component and thus allow future email addresses to be created.

As @runhare says, technical support is needed to check your account. You could either wait for one of the Plusnet Help team to pick up this thread, or if urgent try and give CSC a call, although they are taking some time to answer calls at the moment.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

VIV1
Hooked

Help me Plusnet team please.  

BadWolf24
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 10

HI @VIV1, thanks for your message. I think I've resolved the issue - the phone order wasn't fully closed off on your account. If you have any further issues let me know and we'll get some technical help for you. Chris.

Chris Fitzsimmons
 Plusnet Help Team
VIV1
Hooked

Thank you for your help. I am still unable to create a new email address though, still says failed.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @VIV1,

I've made some changes to the account and you should now be able to open a mailbox online via the Member Centre.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
benjaminburke

Thanks for the suggestions i think you should be clear explanation of  this issues.