cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access emails on Ipad

FIXED
andrewharmer

Unable to access emails on Ipad

Have ceased my broadband service with PlusNet as I no longer need it (had two broadband suppliers into my home).

When I requested to close the account I asked to retain my email addresses and was told this was no problem and I would have an email only account, which is what I have got.

On the day the service stopped received an email telling me my mailbox has been deleted. Why? Have tried to have them reactivated and they seemed to work for a day but since midnight unable to receive mail on my iPad.

Have checked email client settings and they are as shown on the PlusNet web and the email I received once reactivated. I'm sure there is something wrong with the username I have been told to use but am getting nowhere. Even started receiving my wife's emails into my mailbox and webmail at one point. Lucky I know what she's up to! 

Have raised a question - any ideas where I'm going wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
ianmcleod1963
Dabbler

Re: Unable to access emails on Ipad

Did this for my in-laws at end of last year. They had to delete the mailbox and re-create it. Took 3 days and constant chasing up but eventually got there. Try waiting until tomorrow and if still the same raise with Plusnet support

andrewharmer

Thanks will try and be patient 👍

andrewharmer

Got a slap on the wrist from the CSC analyst In response to my open question his words " Can you please remove your email accounts from all email clients and advise if the issue continues within webmail". Hope no one else is using an email client! Not asking for support for my email client and yes there is still an issue with webmail. Although I can now get access to webmail all the folders I had previously along with the emails in my inbox are missing. The saga continues!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @andrewharmer 

I'm sorry to see the issues you're having with your email account. Unfortunately when you move your broadband away from us in order to stop billing you for this, we'd need to cancel your account and then add your email back on manually.

Could you firstly go to Manage My Mail at http://www.plus.net/email to ensure that your mailboxes are set up as they were before your account was cancelled? If they're not, then I'd recommend making sure they are.

With regards to the missing folders I can see we've raised this back through to our NetOps team for further investigation, but this may simply be a case that they're hidden in webmail. 

If you log into webmail.plus.net at the top right where it says Current Mailbox does your email address display correctly? Either way though go to Settings > Folders > Make sure all the folders are selected.

If your email wasn't displayed correctly, then click on Identities your identity > update your details there.

Can you let us know how you get on? Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
andrewharmer

Have responded on my open ticket ending 5728. My response being:-

Have logged onto webmail:-

The correct mailbox is showing

Have gone into settings - folders - and my private folders, which I had created prior to the account closing, are not shown. The only folders shown are:-
Inbox
Drafts
Sent
Junk
Deleted items
Deleted messages
Notes

All folders are checked with a tick

My personally created folders are not shown neither are the emails that were in my inbox prior to the account closure. It is as if the mailbox was deleted and when reinstated started up again as new mailboxes thus deleting my historical content.

I do not know how the mailboxes were set up in manage my mail before the account closure as these were set up many years ago by PlusNet and I have never had occasion to go there or amend them. anything

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for the detail, I've just added a reply to your ticket 199235728

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet