cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate mail setup completed at last.

seanbranagh
Grafter

Ultimate mail setup completed at last.

I have used Outlook Express for years. I have moved my dbx files from computer to computer and backed up up over and over for reinstalls.
I do this because I like to keep email as it often comes in useful. This solution is far from ideal especially now that I will be moving to Windows 7 in the near future.
I want to keep my email on the server but with 5 years of email with attachments this is not possible on the average mailserver.
The only option was to run my own. That way I can store as much email as I have hard disk space and can chop and change operating systems, mail clients etc. and also have webmail access to 5 years worth of sent and received email.
Running a home mailserver is quite simple. I have set up a VM for this which is now backed up daily to my fileserver. The reason I didn't do it before was because I couldn't get the backup mailserver running properly on my VPS with Eukhost. I am not going to trust other mail queues with my mail when my connection drops or if I need to work on my mailserver.
I finally got it all working properly and am in the process of using Outlook Express to copy all the old email from inbox and sent items into the new imap folders on the new mailserver, perfect!