Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off my plusnet webmail?

FIXED
chuffchuff
Rising Star

Turn off my plusnet webmail?

Could some kind soul advise me how to do turn off my plusnet webmail - wait times are a bit long on the phone at the moment.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Turn off my plusnet webmail?

you need to be a lot more specific as webmail can't be turned off - just stop using it

how do you propose to collect the emails which normally go there

chuffchuff
Rising Star

I do not use the mail .....@plusnet; some years ago I spoke with someone at technical & they switched it off.

I had to turn it back on a year or so for personal reasons.

Now I do not use it at all, I use gmail & outlook.rather than leave it gathering dust so as to speak I'd like it switched off; the thought of an unused email account sitting there doing nothing bothers me so hence the request.

If it cannot be done via the website then I'll just give the tech dept a call. 

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

That is a different question and I don't know any method of removing the email package from your account although you could delete all the unused mailboxes leaving only the default one which you could then ignore having made sure that your contact details are to another email address https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=myemail&s=1&redirected=yes

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @chuffchuff

We can remove the mail component from your account which would effectively delete all Plusnet mailboxes associated.

If you are happy to go ahead this is something I'm more comfortable with doing over the phone, so please private message me with your username and the best time to call next week (between the hours of 9 and 6)

Thanks.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix

Thank you for your time on the phone @chuffchuff

As per our conversation, your mailbox component has now been removed.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button