cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to send e-mail on my BT Internet connection (using auth SMTP!)

m0bov

Trying to send e-mail on my BT Internet connection (using auth SMTP!)

Hi, my soon to be disconnected BT Internet Infinity connection is not letting me send e-mails using Plusnet. I have updated my domain and am putting in the plus net server settings ready for my migration this week.
I can rec ok, but when I send it keeps asking me for my username and password. I have checked and they are correct, the server is relay.plus.net.
It should be simple but I can't get it to work! Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Trying to send e-mail on my BT Internet connection (using auth SMTP!)

I believe your broadband service needs to be active (rather than awaiting-migration) before the Plusnet mail relay allows use of authentication. Sad
David
m0bov

Oh ok. Yes I started to wonder about that!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: spraxyt
I believe your broadband service needs to be active...

Also IIRC you need to be on a paid for subscription service to connect to PN relays from a non-PN network.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

spickering
Grafter

Hi m0bov & welcome to the forums :).
I have tested the SMTP function of your account and this should be working fine, I would suggest checking that SMTP authentication is enabled in the account settings and this should then work fine. You will of course need to make sure that the correct Plusnet username and password is being used.
If this still is not working once the service migrates please do give us a shout.