cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble setting up my Amazon Fire to access my plusnet email, I'm a novice!

Alex444

Trouble setting up my Amazon Fire to access my plusnet email, I'm a novice!

Hello there,this is my first post and I hope you can help me! I am a bit of a novice but I have managed before to set up my old ipad to receive both my hotmail and plusnet emails on a free email app. But I am having terrible trouble doing the same on my new Amazon Fire 7. Using their own email app I can only get the hotmail email to load,and it just won't connect to the server to do the plusnet email. I am enetering all the details for the outgoing server and incoming etc,but no joy.

Is anyone able to tell me where I am going wrong?

Could it be something to do with my TP Link router?

I would like to access both email from one place if that makes sense?

In this heat my brain is going soggy Wink

Many thanks

Alexandra

2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Trouble setting up my Amazon Fire to access my plusnet email, I'm a novice!

Hello @Alex444, welcome to the Plusnet Community forums. Smiley

For setting up Plusnet email on a Kindle Fire I would expect to use the Other Provider option. When filling in the fields the mail app might try to help by creating default entries for you. If this happens almost certainly they will be incorrect and you will have to erase them and type correct values. Pay particular attention to the username field; email apps often put the email address there, but it needs to be just your account username (or username+mailboxname for additional mailboxes).

An additional problem is that the app might select SSL/TLS security to be on by default. This needs to be turned off (for both the incoming (imap.plus.net) and outgoing (relay.plus.net) servers. Note that encrypted password must *not* be selected. The imap port should be 143 and relay port 587 (though 25 would work).

Having a TP Link router should have no bearing on whether Plusnet email works.

Hope this helps.

David
Alex444

Re: Trouble setting up my Amazon Fire to access my plusnet email, I'm a novice!

Hi David!

Thank you so much for replying and for your help 😊

I know without checking that the SSL was ticked on, so tomorrow I will look at everything you have said and give it another go!

I'll let you know how I get on,

take care

Alex

x