cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totalise email can’t receive send emails and keeps saying my password username incorrect

FIXED
asavin101

Totalise email can’t receive send emails and keeps saying my password username incorrect

For the past 2 weeks I’ve had no email at all via webmail in my iPhone or on Windows live mail and keep being asked to log in. I know my username and password are correct but advised they are not. I’ve deleted all my viewed emails and turned router off for 6 hours but nothing works. Help!
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Totalise email can’t receive send emails and keeps saying my password username incorrect

Fix

Thanks for your post @asavin101 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see you're having issues with your Totalise e-mails.

I can't seem to find your account from the details you've given in your forum profile.

Could you private message me your Totalise account username or e-mail address?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bulldog888

Re: Totalise email can’t receive send emails and keeps saying my password username incorrect

OK not sure if I should hit the alarm button just yet or wait a bit longer.

I'm a long time user of Totalise email / webmail - from the original Force9 days, but on Monday or Tuesday my service stopped and I can no longer login as my credentials failed

I know none have been changed by me recently ( yes yes, I know.... ) 

any ideas please team plusnet ?

andy.tong /@/ totalise.co.uk

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Reset email password

If you are not able to login to the email address using webmail, then it is likely that your email address has been identified as being compromised and has had its password changed. Where email address passwords have been changed to protect the integrity of the service, the Plusnet account password is left unchanged.

Which ISP are you with, Plusnet or one of the other / legacy vISPs?

Plusnet / Force9 / FreeOnline users can only change the password on the DEFAULT email address by changing the password on the user ACCOUNT through the user portal. You can change the password on a secondary mailbox using the Manage My Mail options in the user portal.

Brightview users (Madasafish / FreeNetName / GlobalNet / IC24 / ICScotland / Dialstart / Totalise) logging into webmail should use their full email address. Use the MAAF user portal to update the password on the default email address (change the account password) and use this MAAF guide to change the password on a secondary mailbox address. If you cannot recall the account password, you will need to contact support ... because the account password change process sends an email to the mailbox you cannot now access.

DO NOT USE THE SAME PASSWORD AGAIN for that would allow the continued exploitation of the account. The new password should be cryptic and not one used before.

Note that changing the account password will change the password used for logging on to the relevant user portal. If your email service is NOT a retained legacy service (one associated with a retired internet service account), then the password required by the router to connect to the internet will be changed too. If the router is a Hub Zero or a Hub One supplied by Plusnet it should update automatically. If not, you will need to log into the router, drop the connection, change the password yourself and reconnect.

On the assumption that the email address password has been compromised, I strongly recommend that wherever you have used that email address / password combination as access credentials to services such as Amazon, Netflix, eBay etc., that you also change the passwords on those service as well.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bulldog888

Hi Townman and thanks

I was an original Totalise email / webmail customer, I've retained my email acct only, and access it via plusnet webmail portal, these are the only credentials I have, and they have been changed, either by the provider or by someone else

I simply can't get access to anyone who can help reset the credentials or advise next steps as I am not a customer of plusnet, they inherited me by acquisition yrs ago, and I don't hold any other services with them

Any ideas ?

asavin101

I managed to speak to Gandalf! who sorted me out. Try messaging him via my original post. It needed to be sorted out on their end. Good luck