cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totalise / Madasafish email address / website

FIXED
Peach

Totalise / Madasafish email address / website

A long (long) time ago......    I  created an account with Totalise (which I still use today).

At that time I was able to create a new email extension free of charge  i.e. email@mydomain.co.uk

If I send an email to 'kev@mydomain.co.uk' it automatically diverts to my totalise.co.uk email account (mydomainname@totalise.co.uk - which is good).

I want to start using 'anyname@mydomain.co.uk' as my normal email address (slowly transferring all contacts to this address) such that I can eventually move on from totalise.

Is this possible?

Also, am I able to create a website for 'www.applefield.co.uk'? (which was the original plan)

Willing to use PlusNet for this (if available).

Consider me a complete newbie to this (i.e. not the brightest when it comes to ISP's) and you wont be far wrong!

I want to use the email address / website I created for a new business venture.

Thanks in advance,

Kev

(feel free to change the address / names above if you think its not appropriate)

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information (email addresses) edited in a public forum.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Totalise / Madasafish email address / website

Fix

Hi Kev.

A long (long) time ago......    I  created an account with Totalise (which I still use today).

Certainly was a long time ago. Cheers for sticking with us.

I want to start using 'anyname@mydomain.co.uk' as my normal email address (slowly transferring all contacts to this address) such that I can eventually move on from totalise.

Is this possible?

You should be able to create a secondary domain address in your account over here but I'm not certain we'll automatically send e-mails to that address which go to your primary address.

Might be able to set that up in a mail client like Microsoft Outlook. (Though I'm unsure how you'd go about that)

Also, am I able to create a website for 'www.applefield.co.uk'? (which was the original plan)

Willing to use PlusNet for this (if available).

In short, yep. Now the long answer:

Whilst we haven't offered webspace in many moons, some legacy Plusnet and Madasafish accounts do still have webspace attached to them, yours included. It's not a lot though, the quota is 100MB.

You will need these details when setting up an FTP connection to your webspace:

• FTP server: www.users.totalise.co.uk
  • Username: Your username
  • Password: Your account password
  • Sub-directory: htdocs (upload files to this folder)
  • Webspace Allocation: 100 MB

You'll also need an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) Client to upload and download files from your webspace. FTP clients are readily available, but we recommend CuteFTP.

Please ensure the first page of your site is index.html or index.htm (case sensitive).

Uploaded files are instantly viewable at http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~yourusername or www.yourdomain.co.uk

I want to use the email address / website I created for a new business venture.

Good luck with your business venture. Smiley

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions etc.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet