cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket/Question opened on Thursday 11 Oct 2018 to date NO reply.

FIXED
kenm
Grafter

Ticket/Question opened on Thursday 11 Oct 2018 to date NO reply.

Last Thursday after a 40min wait managed to contact plusnet because all the contacts and email addresses had disappeared from my webmail address book, its now Tuesday 16th Oct and have NO reply to my Question 183492521

Normal email is working but where has all my contacts email addresses gone?

the address book opens but no addresses there.

Ken

10 REPLIES 10
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Ticket/Question opened on Thursday 11 Oct 2018 to date NO reply.

@kenm,

I can't get this chased tonight because no on in the networks department is in the check the backend system. I've emailed for it checked with someone up there tomorrow and we'll let you know. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @kenm, I've chased this up on behalf @JOLO with our Networks Team for you.

They have advised that although address books aren't backed up as such, they may be still in the webmail database in a disabled state. I have sent a request off to them to arrange them to be set back to active (if possible) and will get back to you once I have a response from them.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
kenm
Grafter

Why aren't my addresses /contacts not backed up with webmail that's what my subscription is paid for,

PlusNet webmail is the only email I use.

Worse still is the question ?  WHO DELETED THEM it certainly was not me.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @kenm, I've had a response back from our Networks Team who have advised that their database is showing 60 active contacts, which should be visible in webmail.

So we can investigate this further for you, can you please reply to the ticket here.

If you let me know once you have replied, I will pick this up and get back to Networks for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
kenm
Grafter

Hi, its now 31 Oct and my email address book has still not been restored, permission was given to alter password etc and restore it ages ago.

Then last week I got a load of emails from plusnet saying I had asked for my plusnet protect to be ended Huh

phoned in took an hour, but got that sorted then couple days later it packed up and had to delete and re-install.

does anything work with plusnet .

Kenm

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

its now 31 Oct and my email address book has still not been restored, permission was given to alter password etc and restore it ages ago.

Sorry for the lack of response on your ticket.

I've raised a task with our infrastructure engineers (internal ref: INFOPS-4827) to see if we can restore your address back.

I should have a response back within the next couple of days and I'll let you know when I do.

Then last week I got a load of emails from plusnet saying I had asked for my plusnet protect to be ended Huh

phoned in took an hour, but got that sorted then couple days later it packed up and had to delete and re-install.

It looks like the agent you spoke to removed the Plusnet Protect service. if you didn't request this then it'd be due to agent error and I'll make sure feedback is passed on accordingly.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kenm
Grafter

Hi on Wed 31st oct received an email saying the above ticket had been put on hold till Thurs 1st Nov at 7am

NO other info about whats happening or for how long???

then by 9am Thurs I was getting LOGIN FAILED on email, also failed to login to member centre, all I can get to is this page.

Its now 1900 Friday evening and still unable to sign into member centre or into my email, they were only restoring my lost address book in webmail surely it cannot take that long?Huh

Have they forgotten to restore my password, I gave permission for them to change it to do the work.

Or have they sent a new one to my email -  which I cannot login to. 

A bit more communication would have been helpful only seemed to get things moving once I asked for help on here

Thank you  Kenm.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Apologies for the delayed response.

Can you PM us a contact number and when your free for a call so we can contact you to change your password?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
kenm
Grafter

Monday 5th Nov.

My password has been altered by whoever was trying to restore the contacts in my address book, my phone details are with plusnet because I phoned in to check because I cannot login to EMAIL or MEMBER CENTRE and have no information about what's going on.

Keep getting replies, apologise, but no one seems to follow it thru and give me an answer when will things be working again

I know my problem is small compared to what I read on this forum, but it is important to me.

Kenm

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Fix

Hi @kenm,

Thanks for your post.

In order for us to reset your password I'll need to run through some security questions over the phone.

I'm in the office until 10pm this evening and so when would be the best time for a call?

Please drop me a PM when you're free and we'll get this issue resolved for you but please bear in mind I'm not guaranteed to be at my desk when you do PM and so your patience is appreciated.