Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird support ending

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Thunderbird support ending

This has been reported in the KItz forum
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Thunderbird support ending

Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Well I still get fairly frequent update to Thunderbird and still like it.
They are moving the project out of Mozzila so hopefully others will take it onwards.
I dont like the idea of webmail - and keeping valuable messages on someone else s computer/server.

Luzern
Hero

The Kitz forum OP mentions Fossamail, which is almost identical to TB, but has a 64 bit version. There is a migration tool to assist bringing over the TB profile too. TB Lightning is not compatible, but Fossa has its own version.
I think Fossa is associated witth Palemoon browser, somehow.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

[quote=https://www.fossamail.org/]FossaMail is an Open Source, Mozilla Thunderbird-based mail, news and chat client for Windows and Linux, brought to you by the Pale Moon developers (and therefore not affiliated with the Mozilla Corporation). It is an alternative version of the Mozilla Thunderbird mail&news client, and based on the Pale Moon browser core.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Standard8

Thunderbird support isn't ending. There is an active community behind it and who are continuing to develop it. There are questions about where Thunderbird "lives" (from a legal & financial perspective) for the long term and that's what is being discussed at the moment.
There's a summary post here: https://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2015/12/03/thunderbird-update/
Luzern
Hero

Interesting! Thank you. I hope the path is relatively smooth, but IMHO I think punters may feel a little insecure while the changes progress.
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Standard8
Thunderbird support isn't ending. ..............

Thank's for that - good to see Mozilla are trying to ensure that Thunderbird has a future albeit with no technical link with Firefox.