Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird Setup

FIXED
BS6600
Grafter

Thunderbird Setup

Sorry - old question but my laptop died, setting up new one and I'm missing a trick. I've read the help and previous topics but no joy

I can log in and read web mail on my tablet so I know my name and password bit TB says failed to find settings for my email account.

A typo probably but any help would be great

Bill

Can't work out how to paste a screen shot so attached docx

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from attachment in a public forum.
4 REPLIES 4
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Thunderbird Setup

Fix

Hi Bill,

The username you use for both incoming and outgoing mail should just be your username rather than your full email address. 

SSL for both should be set to none and authentication set to password. 

If you want to use SSL, select that for both and change the incoming port to 993. 

I hope this helps. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
BS6600
Grafter

Thanks - it was simpler - confusion on my part  between F9 and Force9

Fixed now

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

F9 and Force9 should be able to be used interchangeably. Glad you got it sorted though Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been changed to @Anoush as per post #2.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still