cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This app has been blocked due to company policy

Oliver1
Dabbler

This app has been blocked due to company policy

OK so this was wierd. I'm looking at a 'free' game in the "Windows 10 app store" and instead of the "get" button I see the message "This app has been blocked due to company policy".

A bit of Googling reveals that this can come from adding corporate email accounts to Windows Mail. I only have my Plusnet mailbox set up there, but I don't actually use the Mail app, as I didn't like it and installed Thunderbird instead.

On removing the mailbox from 'Mail' there was no immediate change but after about half a minute the restriction went away.

Is there any reason there should be "policy leakage" from a Plusnet IMAP account or is it just coincidence?

2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: This app has been blocked due to company policy

I doubt there is any policy set by Plusnet for the use you make of your customer email address. I think it's more likely to be caused by  something set in the interconnected security settings on your own computer (perhaps in app store settings).

David
Oliver1
Dabbler

Re: This app has been blocked due to company policy

I agree, it shouldn't even happen with IMAP mail anyway only MS Exchange. I'm guessing there was a glitch in that ghastly mail app.