Thinking of leaving, want to keep Plusnet email address

FIXED
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Thinking of leaving, want to keep Plusnet email address

@daaahhnuh

We can't locate your account, can you please DM one of the online staff your account username so we can look into this for you. 

daaahhnuh
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Have DM'd you.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@daaahhnuh,

Thanks for that. It's been reactivated for you. Unfortunately I can't re-add the mailboxes so I'll need to you login to the member centre and go to manage my mail to reset up the individual mailboxes on your account. Once you've done let please let us know so we can ensure they're unarchived. 

daaahhnuh
Dabbler

@JOLO You are the best!  Thank you! I only ever had the default mailbox and used a catch-all.  So from what I can see it is already set up?  I've just enabled catch all again.  Not sure if there is anything else I need to do?

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@daaahhnuh,

Then there shouldn't be anything needed, other than checking it works as expected. I've done a config refresh of the mailbox components too just to make sure any corruption is resolved so if you are having problem leave it about half an hour and try again. 

daaahhnuh
Dabbler

@JOLO it all appears to be working and my old email is still there!  Honestly THANK YOU... I really was fearing the worst.  Especially, since the guy on customer phone support said on the phone it was deleted and there was nothing he could do.  You know... I will probably be back when my contract with my new supplier is up. They haven't exactly impressed so far as they have lost my router and I had to battle with them to get the PPPoE details to configure my Google Wifi.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@daaahhnuh,

It no problem. There were notes on the account to move it to Mail only btw, but it looks like the transfer conflicted with this change and it all got a bit messed up.

From a support centre perspective once the account is closed it's dead and gone, and we shouldn't be reactivating them under any circumstances, but obviously there is currently a workaround to allow us in certain situations, and because there were no billable subscription components it's fine in this case. 

All the best with your new provider. Please feel free to stay around and involve yourself in any conversations! 

Also quick question; how is the Google Wifi? I'm thinking of getting the three pack when I (hopefully) buy a house later this year. Just wondering how they are.

daaahhnuh
Dabbler

@JOLO I like the Google WiFi alot. Coverage is good and the app is simple. You'll have no trouble with 3, unless you live in a mansion. I've only got the 1, so can't say I've tried the mesh. It's a doodle to set up with the app. Just the only thing I don't like about it is the lack of VDSL modem, so I still have to use that realic openreach screwed to my wall!
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@daaahhnuh

Thanks for the recommendation. I might get the dual pack instead then (no mansion for me!).

I've read a lot of good about them and I know there are a lot of alternatives, but after purchasing a Pixel 3XL I'm really loving their stuff at the moment.