Did you mean: 

Thinking of leaving, want to keep Plusnet email address

FIXED
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Thinking of leaving, want to keep Plusnet email address

Hi @mort7890

The domain can be left open with mail only but I would ensure you stress that the account needs to become mail only and the domain left active when you arrange the cancellation of broadband and phone.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
TELBOY99

for Gandalf/Anoush

I've been reading through this thread today for the first time

I am (also reluctantly) forced to need to change ISP but need to retain my emails (past, present and future) via an email only account.  I am currently a business broadband account customer and looking to move ISP to BT

Questions please:

1.  Is everything in this thread (from Jan 2017 to date) still valid and applies equally today?

2. As a business broadband customer - does everything in this thread apply equally to me?

3.  I note there is £1.06 monthly charge mentioned then further down the thread says it no longer applies anymore.  Is it still applicable and does it apply to both receive and send - or just one or other of these?

4.  Why, when I rang the support team, did they tell me there is no option to keep my email account open?  I am getting things mixed up here?

Telboy99

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @TELBOY99

As a business customer you can still keep your account as a mail only account when you transfer, and we no longer charge for this service. You will need to chat with our customer options team who can migrate your account to a mail only account. You can contact them on 0800 013 2632 and they are open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.

TELBOY99

Thank you for your response Dean

As per your advice, I have just called the Options Team on the number 0800 013 2632 . I spoke to [CSA Removed] who informs me that PlusNet do not offer this service and he is unable to do this for me.  Please can you confirm whether things have changed in the last few days?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @TELBOY99

It looks like you spoke to someone earlier this afternoon who's resolved this issue for you confirmed on this ticket

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @Jubby

What happens to the referral credits with a mail only account as I have read contradictory reports from staff that one say's yes you will get them and another say's these will stop.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @mort7890

The official stance on this is that referral credits will only be applied to accounts that have an active broadband and/or phone service with ourselves. This would mean email only accounts wouldn't receive referral credits.

mort7890
Pro

Hi @JOLO

Told you that there was a contradiction with referrals as follows

Apologies, I missed that part of the original post. To fully answer the question, yeah the referral payments can still be made with a Mail only account.

From when I joined the Plusnet Help Team in May 2017 my main Community account is @Gandalf.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
PNHelp100x100(biglogo).png  Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Staff
Twitter2.pngFacebook2.pngYouTube2.png
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@mort7890

In January 2017 we may have paid them. Currently we do not. 

Apial

Hi.

Can you still keep your email address when you leave PlusNet? I was told that this service is no longer possible. I have a domain name linked ******@****.f9.co.uk type email.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@Apial Hi there.

I can confirm this is possible but you'll need to contact us before you leave to request this

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Apial

I just got off the phone talking to the Business Customer Options Team, and they say it is not possible. You leave, you lose all your emails. They said keeping emails stopped years ago.

I really do not want to lose my emails as I am leaving in a weeks time and it doesn't give me much time to migrate my email.

mort7890
Pro

Could it be a difference between Business and Residential because according to @Gandalf you can keep them, or is it just a case of the right hand not telling the left hand what is happening.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Apial

I've checked in with @JOLO who used to work on our business team for many years, and unfortunately we don't have a mail only product for business accounts.

While in theory we can downgrade you to the residential mail only product, this will remove the mailbox component from your account, which kind of defeats the object of having a mail only account.

Sorry about this, I'm afraid the answer is basically no it can't be done.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
daaahhnuh
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Please help! My service migrated to another ISP this morning and just had automated emails to tell me my mailbox and aliases have been deleted.  I stressed on two occasions to customer support I wanted my mailbox retained, before the migration.  The requests were clearly understood, as it was discussed there used to be a charge for the service, but it is now free.  The first adviser I spoke to about it said to phone back nearer the time when I had a migration date.  When I was given a date, the second adviser "sent an email to the relevant team", so as far I was concerned it was sorted. I need access to my mailbox urgently.

The adviser I just spoke to on the phone had to audacity to suggest if I was to return to Plusnet, my mailbox could be restored and that it was my fault for moving to another ISP.  As I'm sure you can imagine, this has left me RAGING.  I really need that mailbox restoring and access reinstated. HELP!