Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of leaving, want to keep Plusnet email address

FIXED
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Thinking of leaving, want to keep Plusnet email address

I understand that if I switch to another broadband provider I can keep my email address active by requesting a 'mail only' account prior to migration.

I believe this would cost £1.06 per month, please could a member of Plusnet staff confirm.

Could this charge be paid for out of referral payments or will these disappear if I don't have an active broadband account with Plusnet?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
53 REPLIES 53
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Thinking of leaving, want to keep Plusnet email address

Would be interested to see what options you have got in comparison to Plusnet please.

maranello
Pro

@mort7890

Sent you a PM with some details, rather than risk this thread going off topic

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @maranello

I can confirm that a Mail only account costs £1.06 per month. This would need to be requested before the migration takes place.

Once your new providers orders are all in place you can either call our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting option 1 then option 2) to request it, or let me know on here and I'll be happy to arrange it.

If you decide to stay with us, if you contact Customer Options I'm sure we'll be happy to see what we can do for you to keep you as a customer.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
mort7890
Pro

Seems referrals was not mentioned.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix

Apologies, I missed that part of the original post. To fully answer the question, yeah the referral payments can still be made with a Mail only account.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

As a matter of interest does the Mail Only facility have to be for a minimum period, or just month by month?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

It's just month by month.

maranello
Pro

A further question on this topic

If I have additional mailboxes, does the monthly charge apply per mailbox?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No, the monthly charge is for the account itself, so you can have as many mailboxes as you would like for £1.06 per month.

A heads up that things have changed with regards to referrals since my last post. They can’t be kept on a non-broadband account anymore, so if you downgrade to mail only the referral credits won’t be paid out I’m afraid.
maranello
Pro

@Anoush

Thanks for the clarification and update.

mort7890
Pro

@Anoush

Thought the limit was 10 email accounts and when did the referrals stop please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be very careful because when I left BT the cost of retaining an email only account went up from £1.60 to £5.00 per month and BT own PlusNet.

I now use Gmail which I find is very good so there will be no problem if I change supplier.

Brian A

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thought the limit was 10 email accounts and when did the referrals stop please.

Nope, you can make as many mailboxes as you like.

I would be very careful because when I left BT the cost of retaining an email only account went up from £1.60 to £5.00 per month and BT own PlusNet.

Sorry to hear that. Whilst we're owned by BT Group, we operate separately to BT Retail/Consumer.

I can confirm the cost of a mail only account is £1.06 per month.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Heb
Hooked

Hi. I'm hoping that Gandalf/Anoush will be able to help me here, as I imagine users who've been successful will have moved on by now. I'm getting desperate. 

Reluctantly, I'm having to switch providers and really need to keep the email only account going.  Can't find it in help, my account management web pages, can't get through on the phone or chat at times I'm not working! 

Am only moving because I wanted to keep my broadband but port my number away (so I could use a voip service) and couldn't get a clear response on whether/how i could do this.  So now, would just like to keep email account at least. Apologies if I'm missing something obvious... have done utmost to find the answers myself but every step seems to take forever to achieve and have wasted hours...

Migration day is approaching. 

Thanks

Heb