cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 550 ......recipient rejected - relay denied

noelhb
Hooked

Re: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 550 ......recipient rejected - relay denied

i contacted plusnet about the issue and they told me to contact the community for help

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 550 ......recipient rejected - relay denied

Ah as I thought - condition 3 applies - you have left PlusNet, you appear to have not purchased an email retention option, you are no longer permitted to use the relay service by design.  This is not an error.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

MisterW wrote:

That doesn't sound right! You can find details on the required settings here https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

Its very right!

To use the PlusNet relay you need a paid for subscription service - either a Broadband service or a retained email service - if the user has neither, they cannot use the relay.

The OP stated that they have left PlusNet, but they have not stated that they are paying for the continued use of email.

@MisterW Changed his mind after posting! Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Yes, iI saw the OP's subsequent post after I'd posted and realised exactly what the problem was.

Now if only the forum warned you that a new post had been made Roll_eyes

Oh! I forgot , the old system used to do just that...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@noelhb wrote:

this problem only occurred when i terminated my plusnet contract. ever since then i cannot send emails.  i've been told it's a plus net error  - when you cancel plusnet

@MisterW wrote:

In that case you need to send emails using your new ISP mail server not the plusnet one. As @Townman says, you will not be able to use the Plusnet one if you don't have an account

Bingo. If I'm looking at the correct account (the one from your forum details), I'm surprised that you're able to receive emails at all, because your account is closed and the mail components destroyed.

Mind sending me a private message with your Plusnet email address so I can double check and see what I can do to help?

Click here: https://community.plus.net/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/45633

Anoush.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet