cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Vanishing Inbox Mails

colchris
Dabbler

The Vanishing Inbox Mails

Suddenly emails received beyond 'Last Week' are being apparently auto-deleted. I seem to remember from years ago that there used to be a facility to adjust the length of time that emails remained in view. If this is no longer the case, what would be the remedy for this sudden mystery?

6 REPLIES 6
Minxymoo
Grafter

Re: The Vanishing Inbox Mails

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Minxymoo 

Your issue is specifically in respect of items deleted by the user and being retained in the trash folder.

@colchris 

You refer to the INBOX, but you do not indicate how you are accessing the mailbox.  Many IMAP email clients will limit the size of the email history they hold (sync) to the device to save space on it.  It might be worth checking the "emails to sync" setting.

If you access the mailbox using webmail, can you see contents older than 7 days?

Are you by chance using Outlook with emails grouped by age?  I once had a friend who reported that they never saw an email until the day after they had received it ... they were using Outlook with groups and had the "TODAY" group collapsed, thereby emails were not readily visible until they rolled over into the "Yesterday" group.  Might you possibly have the "Older than one week" groups collapsed?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

colchris
Dabbler

Minxymoo - they're not items deleted by me, and there is nothing in my trash folder.

Townman - I'm using eM Client, and retain certain emails in my Inbox to keep track of conversations with their senders, of which there were about 20 dating back some time. What does show in full are sent emails. Webmail shows the same as the desktop.  At the moment it looks as though the Inbox may be building again, so will be back on here if that's not the case. Thankyou for your interest.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Just to be clear, is your eM client configured as POP3 or IMAP?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

colchris
Dabbler

IMAP

cq20v

All my sub folders have disappeared today - webmail is a joke now and as for trying to get hold of customer services....forget it. Been with Plusnet / Force 9 for over 10 years and cannot believe how bad it has become. Sad