Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing MS Outlook

FIXED
RayG1
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Syncing MS Outlook

Does anyone know if it is possible to link an Outlook account on two computers? I have just setup with PlusNet and set up my Outlook account on my laptop. When I did the same on my desktop all the emails are there but not the extra folders I made nor are my contacts. Any thoughts would be welcome.

3 REPLIES 3
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Syncing MS Outlook

If you switch over to IMAP rather than POP3 your emails & folders will follow you around to whichever computer you use.

https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/
RayG1
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Thanks for the help. I'll give that a go but I may have to revert to factory defaults on my machines. I tried to delete an account on one of the machines and, although it appeared to delete the account, i couldn't delete the data account. It wouldn't let me as it was the only active account. I'll maybe give it another go later on.

Thanks once again

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Fix

Maybe just create an additional profile in Outlook set to IMAP so you can test it out and then if you're happy you can discard the other one.

Probably good to have an additional profile initially anyway as then you can drag and drop mails between the accounts and once they're on the IMAP server they're mobile and will move around with you.