cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly emails won't stay deleted. Please help!

judeep

Suddenly emails won't stay deleted. Please help!

I've been using IMAP for years with my mail clients but recently I've got an issue I could really use some help with.

Deleted mail just won't stay deleted! The only way to even try and delete it is to rush to to the trash folder and deleted there immediately after deleting from inbox but half the time I just can't do that quickly enough 😞

I've tried deleting the account and adding it as a POP account but when I do that no mail comes into my mail client. It arrived on webmail but my client inbox remains empty.

I've tried everything I can think of inckuding different email clients and as I said this is only a recent issue.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
PaulineY

Re: Suddenly emails won't stay deleted. Please help!

I am having the exact same problem and it has happened previously on a couple of occasions as well. From 50 odd to 100 odd email suddenly appear in my inbox on a daily basis (several times) and have to be deleted, they are the same emails coming back into my inbox time and time again.

I have been re deleting emails for the past week and looking at my Plusnet Webmail box I currently have 624 emails in my inbox - so many in fact that I can't load them to re delete them.

PaulineY

By the way, I have used my plus.com email address for over 10 years but having got totally fed up with the problems of using my Plusnet email through Outlook, I have spent many hours moving everything to my Gmail account, which is very reliable. However I have to check back daily on my Outlook email in case anything important comes through, and I will have to do this for probably the next 6 months until I am sure that everything is fully transferred, when I can uninstall my Outlook app.

Meanwhile I know for sure that Plusnet are going to be sending me emails about my inbox being too full, through no fault of my own.

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

I've had a similar experience. I use Windows Live Mail on a laptop, and the stock email app on an Android based tablet. Both are setup using IMAP. What I have found is that when I delete emails (move to Trash folder), if I don't manually refresh on the tablet or Send/Receive on the laptop, the deletions don't happen. I believe this is partly due to slow response of the email servers, but I may be wrong. 

Edit added

If you are using the Gmail app, you should be able to configure it to read your Plusnet emails, so that you can see both in the same app and dispense with Outlook. There are probably some helpful setup guides on the Plusnet Help and Support pages.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Read my post in this thread, it might answer your questions...

Webmail can't delete emails

PaulineY

I am reluctant to have Gmail bring my Outlook emails over as I may end up receiving all the deleted emails in my Gmail inbox! But I will certainly look into it once the deleted email problem is sorted out.