Did you mean: 

Strange request - it must be scam

Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Strange request - it must be scam

Dear alex,

Hi, Gys,

Below is a copy of an email that I received today.  Can you confirm that this is from Plus.net and that the ruquest is valid.

Many thanks,

Alex

We are deactivating all mailbox users that are still using the old Version of [Removed] Mailbox ,

And your email [ Removed] is still using old version, Please tap the blue button below to upgrade your mailbox to the latest version,

and get 25GB free data space with a more organized mailbox to avoid deactivation.

Upgrade to the latest version

Regards.
[Removed] Email account team

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Strange request - it must be scam

Yup, a definite scam, Alex - even without the header info, the grammar in that shouts 'con-artist'😀

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Alex, that definitely sounds like a scam, thanks for posting. If you've still got the email or get anymore, can you forward them to abuse@plus.net so we can investigate further internally?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star

Thank you Anoush. I erased that email, but I included it with my original emal to this forum. Unfortunately, the email address from which it came was removed, so I don't have it any more. Thanks again,

Alex

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah no problem Alex. Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star

Hi,

Just received another and forwarded to abuse@plus.net. If it is not too much trouble, I'd be interested to hear what you find.

Many thanks,

Alex

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks Alex, while we wouldn't normally provide feedback to you for these type of issues, it's not uncommon for the team that picks up these emails to respond back to you if we need anything else to assist with an investigation.

If you don't already I'd also recommend marking junk/spam emails as spam in webmail.plus.net as this should gradually build up a case, which may result in the sender from being blocked. 

To block a particular sender from emailing you personally, you can try adding their email address into your black list by logging into your account and going to Manage My Mail at http://www.plus.net/email

I hope this helps. -Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star

Thanks for that Gandalf. All done.

Alex

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool, no problem Alex.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet