cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped receiving emails, incorrect reports of mailbox full.

DH54
Hooked

Stopped receiving emails, incorrect reports of mailbox full.

Sorry I am new to this forum and quite framnkly find it difficult to navigate.

This post shold probably be a new one but I cannot work out hope to do that..

My issue is with a madasfish account too.  The account has stopped receiving emails - apparently the mailbox is full - but it isn't full at all. 

Is there anyone who can help with this - I have two madasafish accounts and one is working fine.

I am not tech savvy so am struggling..

Moderator's note:
Thread moved to its own topic and retitled
12 REPLIES 12
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Stopped receiving emails, incorrect reports of mailbox full.

@DH54   Welcome to the Plusnet Community Fora.

To start a new topic navigate to the top of the board and select the pink ‘Start a topic’ field.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

How do you assert that the mailbox is not full?

If I recall correctly MAAF mailboxes have a 250MB hard limit. That allowance includes all folders - sent and deleted - not just the inbox.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DH54
Hooked

Sorry but I am finding the forum difficult to navigate.

I have an issue with my madasafish emails on Outlook.  The outgoing server has apparently 'dropped' which means I can't send emails.  The settings I had been using for a number of years sucessfully are 'mail.madasafish.com' for both incoming and outgoing servers.  Every few second a pop-up box appears asking me to confirm my login to madadsafish. the login is correct but it keeps popping up.

I tried repair through Outlook - that changed the servers to plus.net ones - again the incoming is fine but the outgoing not.  I have tried changing the ports from 25 to both 26 and 587 but no difference.

Any idea of the outgoing settings I should be using for this to enable me to send emails from madasafish through Outlook.  Interestingly I can sned straight for madasafish webmail?

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been removed as the issue is ongoing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @DH54

Have you manually entered the mail box username and password in the outgoing server section?  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
DH54
Hooked

Hi Sammy,
Thanks for your reply.
I had tried that earlier.
The issue does now seem to have resolved itself!
Many thanks.

Moderator's note:Fix removed as the problem is not resolved
DH54
Hooked

Hi Sammy,
See to have the same issue again. Can’t send emails. Box pops up to say certificate needs accepting - which I do. Goes away but the comes back, plus server times out or has wrong password but it doesn’t.
All very frustrating for a non-tech.
Can attach photos but can’t see how?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @DH54 

When you reply there should be a option at the top with an image which if you hover over will say 'Insert Photos' 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

The reason things are not working for you (with encryption set) is you’ve got the wrong server name for the outgoing server - see here - https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/How-to-change-your-outgoing-server-on-a-mail-client/m-p/1606155#...

Outgoing server is SMTP. not MAIL. on port 587 with STARTTLS.

Whilst both will work without encryption, MAIL. with encryption will give rise to a certificate issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DH54
Hooked

Hi am using smtp.plus.net on port 25. Have tried same on port 587 and smtp.madasafish.com. Both with STARTLS and NONE. Still no joy! Was all ticking along fine for a few weeks and now not. Didn’t change anything in the interim period.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Have you logged into the account using webmail and checked the folder sizes?

DH54
Hooked

Hi, yes have done so, there is space left.
The account I am trying to solve the issue with, is a secondary email from my primary one.
Can send email straight from madasafish but not through Outlook.
It also affects the account on iPhone but that seems to right itself after a few hours.