cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped getting incoming emails

tweed

Stopped getting incoming emails

Since end of Jan my incoming emails  have stopped, sorry not stopped but dribbled down to maybe one a day!. I have no problem sending them. I use outlook 2007 and never had any problems with that software. I have deleted outlook settings and put in new details and used test account settings which shows No problems but still no joy. What I would like to know is firstly if anyone has any answers  and secondly what happens to all the emails in the server if I am not receiving them? Can I go into the server to see them there? I have used Plusnet webmail but no emails in there either? Mystified Tweed
5 REPLIES 5
sixfiveseven

Re: Stopped getting incoming emails

I have been without emails forwarded from Bigfoot.com for a fortnight.  I do get all other mail to my Plusnet address (all spam).  I HAVE SENT TEST MESSAGES TO MYSELF AT BIGFOOT, WHICH HAVE BEEN DELIVERED TO ME THOUGH!!
My latest test to Myself via Bigfoot though, was returned with the following message;
  ** The remote server 38.102.228.16 responded with: ** ?????@bigfoot.com ( part of address deleted by me) 420:Connection failed This message was created automatically by mail delivery software on the server avasout07.
I have spoken to Plusnet and they asked for the above failure message, but as I wasn't having a problem receiving test messages to myself via Bigfoot, I didn't know it. until now.  I have sent Emails and messages to Bigfoot, but they are ignored.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: tweed
Can I go into the server to see them there? I have used Plusnet webmail but no emails in there either?

If there are no emails visible in Webmail then there are no emails on the server. It might be an idea to get in touch with support to see if they can work out what's happening.
Quote from: sixfiveseven
I have been without emails forwarded from Bigfoot.com for a fortnight.

I've just tried to replicate this but Bigfoot doesn't seem to be forwarding emails for me (I haven't used the account for years though). What happens if you change the Bigfoot forwarding to relay messages to a non-Plusnet email address instead? Do messages turn up then?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sixfiveseven

Yippee!!!  I had a message from Bigfoot the other day to say they were looking into mine and my daughters account.  Today I have received Bigfoot Emails from the last 3 days.  Must have lost a lot but at least they got it working again.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Yep, load of my test messages came through this morning too (to both a Plusnet, and an external address).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Baaartman

I have had the same problem for over a week now. Today and yesterday I tried going on their webpage but kept getting 'connection time out' error. Are other people getting similar results? Have Bigfoot folded?