Still having problems with some incoming emails

penneck
Aspiring Pro

Re: Still having problems with some incoming emails

The Beales email includes the following:-

X-BV-Spam-Flag: Yes

X-IPAS: Level1

X-CM-Score: 100.00

If these are added to the email outside the control of the sender or the recipient (me), at what point in the transfer are they added, before sending, during sending, on receipt at PlusNet, on receipt in my account in the Webmail In Tray?

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Following further thought the X-BV header could be Brightview related. They were the original owners of the Madasafish brand. That header is possibly used for Madasasfish antispam processing, just as X-pn ones (and others) are used for Plusnet brands.

On Monday a weekly newsletter I receive from Thinkbroadband was tagged as Level1 spam. This happens from time to time and I reported it as not spam. With that the sender domain is fixed so I could whitelist it but I haven't felt the need to do so.

Our incoming emails are received from the sending server by the "Plusnet Cloudmark Gateway"  These are the antispam appliances. After antispam processing the messages are passed on to an "inmx" which puts the message into the appropriate folder in our mailstire. We use client software to collect our messages from these folders using the IMAP (or POP3) protocols. Webmail is an email client, it simply runs on a remote server which is accessed using a web browser.

X-xxxx headers are intended for use locally and here such headers will be used for communicating information between the antispam appliances and the inmxes. We are provided with the Manage My Mail user interface to influence how this system works (for us).

Are you still receiving incorrectly tagged messages?

David
penneck
Aspiring Pro

Morning David,

Yes I am still getting the occasional email marked as spam, probably 3 or 4 this week, and all but one of those from sources that get most of their emails to me without problem. When I get a spammed email, I am going into Webmail, moving them to the Junk Folder then doing the "This Is Not Spam" process on them.

The emails from Beales are a lot better than they were. Whereas almost all of them were being marked as spam, now just one or two are getting spammed. Most get through untouched now, so the situation is a lot, lot better, and I am happier.

My thanks to all who helped

Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

We are happy to help out where we can. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to let us know. - LeeY.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team