cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SquirrelMail Webmail & HTML

aycomserv

SquirrelMail Webmail & HTML

Good evening all.
I'm not sure if this question has been asked before as I've had a quick search of the forum and can't find anything specifically.
I use the Webmail service quite a bit however I cannot find the option to be able to send HTML formatted emails rather than simple plain text - because I can't find the option, I presume there isn't one! If this is the case, could anyone from PN explain why please?
Many thanks,
Sean.
5 REPLIES 5
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: SquirrelMail Webmail & HTML

There is a option to do HTML in SquirrelMail go to Options at the top of SquirrelMail and selekt: Display Preferences then go to: Message Display and Composition and go down to "Show HTML Version by Default" and tik the box then down and selekt Submit and that should be it!
aycomserv

Good afternoon and thanks for the reply. As far as I can tell, selecting this option only allows incoming mail to be viewed in its original HTML format. Unfortunately it does not enable the sending of HTML formatted emails.
Thanks for your assistance though, it is appreciated.
Sean.
dick:quote
aycomserv

First of all, my apologies for quoting the whole message above; I have now read the Forum Rules. Sorry.
Secondly, could anyone from PN please offer some light on this subject please - I was hoping for a reply from them.
Thanks,
Sean.
community
Grafter

Quote from: aycomserv
could anyone from PN please offer some light on this subject please - I was hoping for a reply from them.

In my experience, I advise you not to hold your breath  Grin
cheers
EJ
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
Unfortunately Squirrelmail only supports plain text composition. The webmail platform is on the roadmap for this year, but not in the immediate future - we will be announcing when we know any more.