Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SquirrelMail : Do you dig it?

7th_star
Grafter

Re: SquirrelMail : Do you dig it?

isakotto
If you take a look in the "Options" you will find solutions.
cardun

Would it not be possible to arrange for a button which would enable us to upload our address books.
Having been on the internet now since 1995/6 I have acquired a lot of addresses, and my email is sent direct to me normally, but we travel in a motorhome and there are occasions when I use an internet cafe, and as email addresses are not collected automatically, this would, in my opinion, be an excellent facility.
Other ISP's allow it and the likes of googlemail do as well.
PlusNet - any chance?
Carol
PaulMoran

I've been using SquirrelMail a lot over the past 5 days - while I'm waiting to be migrated from PIPEX broadband on 5 October - to manage the change-over to my new email address.
It's been easy to use, has done what I wanted, and I'll probably continue to use it in the future for an initial look at emails. But I'll still be using Outlook to download to my own PC the messages I want to keep long term.
coordz

the verification code is starting to drive me insane. please, please, please could this be removed.
coordz

One verification per session would be okay but I'd prefer not to have to enter a number at all. I pay for my account so it's not like it's a free service open to abuse.
fraserboyd
Dabbler

I don't know if this is specifically SquirrelMail that I'm referring to, but I'm not really that impressed by the Spam filter. Probably 10-20 messages a day are still getting through it to my computer, but, ironically, Outlook 2007 can catch them as spam and put them in my junk e-mail box. I forward every spam message that gets through back to spam@despamchecker.plus.com to help "train" the filter, but I really think if Outlook (not normally regarded as a wonderful piece of filtering software) can catch these, then surely an ISP's system should be able to!
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Quote from: coordz
the verification code is starting to drive me insane. please, please, please could this be removed.

I have been raising this problem for a while but have had no response from PN. It seems the verification code is driving everyone mad.  Please can something be done about it?
luis

Squirrel Mail is absolutely fine. Most people have said what annoys them about it and I don't differ much. In order of preference:
- option to display html and inline images (PLEASE!!!)
- spellchecker would be desireable
- security check for sending messages only once per session or once per xx time
- ability to import/export address book
- spam filtering?
Thank you
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Quote from: luis

There is an option in your display preferences to do this Smiley
coordz

Quote from: luis
Squirrel Mail is absolutely fine. Most people have said what annoys them about it and I don't differ much. In order of preference:
- spellchecker would be desireable
- security check for sending messages only once per session or once per xx time
- ability to import/export address book
- spam filtering?
Thank you

Good summary 😄 I use Firefox's spellchecker btw so no need for SM to do it.
pcoventry76
Grafter

I might be abit picky here, but the verification box does my head in, and to have to do it every e-mail would be orrible!
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

A minor suggestion for modification.
A "Select All" option for items for deletion etc.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I don't understand what you are asking for that is different to the "toggle all" that is there already! Could you explain?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Luzern
Hero

Quote from: jelv
the "toggle all"
@jelv. At moment cannot see what you refer to but Spam Inbox is empty. What I am thinking about is like Hotmail in which there is an extra box above a list of messages, that permits you to tivk that one box to delete all the messages, as opposed to having to tick the box beside every message.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Luzern
Hero

@PJ, I'm confused. There is no mention of 'Toggle All' on my screen. as can be proven from the attachment.
Next question to everybody is why my screen should be different and how to rectify?