cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squirrel mail: IMAP server error.

irateartist

Squirrel mail: IMAP server error.

Does anyone else have this problem?
I don't use my Force9 email that much but I've been trying to log in over this last week and keep getting the following when trying to log in;
"ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server."
Is this following on from the problems from a few weeks ago? Any tips to be able to get in?
Thanks.
Iona.
14 REPLIES 14
irateartist

Re: Squirrel mail: IMAP server error.

Please help as my email is still not working. Is there anything at all I can do to get this working?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

You need to give us more info...
Are you using webmail or an email client. If an email client which one. If using an email client can you login successfully via webmail?
Have you tried with any software firewalls switched off to see if that is causing your problem?
Have you tried with any Anti-virus/malware software off to see if that is causing your problem?
Have you tried rebooting your PC and router?

irateartist

I've been trying to log on webmail. Have used different machines and different types of browers on different internet connections. So don't think the problem is at my end.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Try giving the CSC a ring, there could be a problem with email on your account which they can sort out. If needed they will also talk you through accessing webmail.
David
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Can you try again now please, seems to be working fine (I've sent a message to it and it's been received too).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
irateartist

Thanks Chris.
All seems to be working now. Although all previous emails lost? Have they been stolen by the sock fairy?
Thanks again.
Iona.
gofaster
Rising Star

It looks like its all gone wrong again.
I am getting constant error messages from webmail:
ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

One of the mail collection servers threw a wobbly. There's a Service Status post here (although the problematic server's been taken out of service now so all should be well?).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Denzil
Grafter

I have been seeing this a lot over the last few weeks, although it is intermittent. I regularly use webmail at work (on Firefox) to access my account. It doesn't lose emails (as far as I can know) but regularly gives the 'connection dropped' error. It happens most often when trying to delete an email, but sometimes does it on logging in as well. After a few attempts it will usually work.
TonyLeTourneur

I thought it was just me!  The problem with webmail mainly occurs when trying to delete emails which have not been read because I know I don't want them.  Also attempting multiple deletes seems to aggravate the issue.  We have three PCs at home and all three behave in the same way. 
gofaster
Rising Star

Do the peeps in Customer Support not get told about current Service Status issues? Huh
I raised a ticket this morning about the webmail problem and just got the following:
Sorry to hear about the issues you are having,
I've been unable to replicate the issue, could you advise us of which mailbox/email
address you are trying to access when you get this error?

Huh
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: gofaster
Do the peeps in Customer Support not get told about current Service Status issues? Huh

Yes they do, so I can only apologies on behalf of the person who handled your ticket. They should have paid mention to the service-wide issue.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

davek
Dabbler

This IMAP disconnection is getting worse. This morning I've been disconnected almost every time I've tried to open a message or change folders - it's always been a problem, but over the last 2-3 days it's deteriorated further.
kbromfield

Me too - Intermittent for months on webmail - always just put up with it, but getting almost unusable now.