cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam

dunning

Spam

For some time, the spam filter on my account at Plus.net worked very well.  At first I worried that there was no way to check what had been marked as spam for me to delete manually, but I haven't been told of any emails that I should have received but didn't.
HOWEVER, in the past few months it appears that there are new batches of spam that get round the filter, which just hasn't kept up.  This is in spite of the fact that quite frequently I send them to span@spamtraining. 
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Spam

Could you post the headers from a couple of these spams? (Munge out anything that identifies you.)  There might be something to be done, but it's more likely that you'll just have to sit tight until the filters catch up (or the spammers move on).  What spam settings are you on in the Members Centre?
Best wishes
Chris
dunning

Thanks Chris.  Here's one that has been appearing on my wife's account every day. I've regularly sent them on to Spam@Spamtraining.plus.com.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you should hurry up and remove your e-mail adress, any one can nick and use it from this open forum
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Sorry to say this is not really spam, a lot of people would genuinely like to receive it, you have somehow got on their mail list, you should ask them to remove you.
Google has a lot of entires for ASKDWAYNEKERR.COM 
ChrisL
Rising Star

Yes, they are using a reputable email messaging service called Mad Mimi, a member of the Messaging Anti-Abuse Working Group. You should be safe to simply unsubscribe at the address given for that purpose (not always the case with spam!). If you or your wife has tried to unsubscribe and been ignored (after a few days), you could try an irate email to support@madmimi.com .
If you still have a problem with other spams, do post again with the headers (but snip out your email addresses like Jim has done for you here!).
Best wishes
Chris
dunning

Jim, if you see this message, my wife's email address is still listed in those headers.  (Her initials are H R - you'll see them.  Her email address is her domain name, but all of her emails are forwarded through our Plus.com account, so spam filtering should work at that stage.)  Now I see what you meant by "munge out my personal details"!
Thanks for everyone's feedback. 
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I don't know what personal details are left.
You can edit the original post to remove any email addresses which are sensitive. I don't know which are so it's up to you
ChrisL
Rising Star

I can see three instances of the address you're worried about....  After nearly two weeks, I guess it is well and truly harvested and relying even more on the spam filters  Sad but still worth editing out.
Your own posts have a 'MODIFY' item in the top right corner -- just click on that and you can do what you like to them.
Chris