cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam to plusnet-specific Email address.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Spam to plusnet-specific Email address.

Before anyone asks, NO I've NEVER had -

• a BT email address

• a BT internet/broadband account

• any email address linked to a BT phone account, etc

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bob - PMs sent with entire email source code for each of the "BT Messaging Anti-Virus Alert" messages as requested.
poshrat
Dabbler

Bob

Same here for me.
Please see ticket 94569526 (includes complete spam message in raw form with all headers).
I can also confirm that the private to plusnet email address is NOT used for this forum/community.  Is for your ADSL and PHONE account/billing services.
Regards, Nick
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: poshrat
Please see ticket 94569526 (includes complete spam message in raw form with all headers).

Thanks, I'll shout up if we need any more examples.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

aich
Dabbler

I have exactly the same problem - spam being received on email address specific only to Plusnet. Mail has never been sent from this address and is not one that would be guessed.
It is received via a domain with a catchall account and there is no specific mailbox with that address.
I have raised this via support ticket at 9-20am this morning and via Twitter where I was told someone would get back to me "shortly" - that was 3+ hours ago.
I believe we are not being told something here!
poshrat
Dabbler

Be patient.  I've heard from Bob.  IMHO it is early days for an investigation of this type so whilst we have been kind enough to bring this to PlusNet's attention it is best to let them get on and investigate and not jump to conclusions. 
aich
Dabbler

I don't wish to be patient thanks so kindly don't patronise me.
I've been trying to get an answer about this since 9-20am this morning only to be met with a deafening silence until a few minutes ago when I was asked for "discretion" whist they investigated it.
That is a good reason to be suspicious in my view!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You clearly don't appreciate that investigating such things is not a 5 minute job. I can assure you if there is something to tell, Bob will tell you.
aich
Dabbler

You know nothing about what I appreciate so kindly don't make assumptions! I know considerably more than you may think. The information I originally posted was to add to the information already posted about this problem but the next poster who replied told me to "be patient" which I don't appreciate - OK?
Anotherone
Champion

Yeh well, whilst you have every reason to be upset/annoyed etc etc your attitude from your response is obvious. I'm absolutely sure that Bob will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. He's a very thorough and conscientious chap.
aich
Dabbler

Wow another stunning assumption from somebody who clearly has too much time on their hands!
You know absolutely nothing about what kind of service I have received as a customer from Plusnet in the past and frankly my "attitude" is born of the dozens of hours I have wasted in the past attempting to get simple problems resolved by a company that doesn't live up to it's hype!
Anotherone
Champion

When you have finished making personal attacks, you may have something to learn. Endof.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you expect answers to this sort of thing in a matter of hours you are clearly with the wrong ISP. You will need to be with a ISP charging you considerably more than you pay Plusnet.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
aich
Dabbler

Grin Oh dear!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Back on topic...
@Bob,
Over recent days I have seen numerous "test mesage" emails set to various names@mypndomains which are a mix of real mailboxes and catch all addresses.
A number of these names are only known to the third party I have given them to AND PlusNET.  The third parties had been contacted before I started to also receive them to my real mailboxes.  At first I presumed that the third parties had been hacked as initially I received several to just a single address, now I can only conclude that these addresses have been harvested at the PN end.  Angry
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.