Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam handling

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Spam handling

I just had occasion to look into one of my email accounts using Roundcube Webmail and noticed that there was an email tagged as [Spam] in the inbox. However my email settings are to move spam to the spam folder - see picture - but it hadn't.
Checking on Squirrel Mail there is a spam folder but on Roundcube there is only a Junk folder. Is this the same and, if so, why wasn't the email in there
22 REPLIES 22
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Spam handling

Junk and Spam are supposed to be the same as I understand it. I've just moved a message to my Junk folder in RC and it is in the Spam folder in SM.
Just a thought, are the domains for the addresses the same, so that this domain is also included in your MMM settings?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Since I got rid of the spam  Embarrassed I can't check if it came to the usual domain but both domains are set up the same so that should be a reason
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

I've also had a SPAM tagged email arrive in the inbox recently. All my domains are set up the same with regards to spam handling. Difficult to tell if it was just a one off error or not as I hardly ever receive tagged spam.
That's RPM to you!!
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Last week's anti spam platform maintenance (mentioned here) should only have affected outbound emails, but I wonder if there have been side-effects?
David
prichardson
Grafter

Unlikely, as the changes where in an entirely different context of the platform, though the fact both are "email", it's an obvious link to initially make.
Does anybody have one of the messages in question?
It would be nice to see the headers, from which we can determine which account settings it is meant to be using and dig deeper.
Please send this via a PM, given the obvious sensitive nature of the contents.
RPMozley
Pro

Sorry Phil, spam has been destroyed so can't provide headers. Die spam! Cool
That's RPM to you!!
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: P

Does anybody have one of the messages in question?
It would be nice to see the headers, from which we can determine which account settings it is meant to be using and dig deeper.
Please send this via a PM, given the obvious sensitive nature of the contents.

I've just had one. I have them occasionally. PM sent with full header.
I thought they may be being tagged by my domain name handler rather than Plusnet - let's see what the analysis provides
prichardson
Grafter

That may be a possibility. I've handed it over to our networks team for some review though.
drj
Aspiring Pro

I have had a reply today:
"We performed maintenance to your account in order to rectify this problem, can you please let us know if the problem persists."
I have responded thus:
"I don't know what you mean by that statement. I reported this matter by PM to one of your staff at the forum following a request for an example of tagged mail in inboxes rather than Spam. Perhaps you could report to him what you think the problem was."
drj
Aspiring Pro

Just checked my Spam box tonight and found one headed thus:
Subject [-SPAM-] ****SPAM**** DHL Online Shipping Prealert Advisory
I suspect my domain name provider's way of tagging is to append "****SPAM****" since the first part is exactly the same as all the other Plusnet tagged Spam.
prichardson
Grafter

Hi drj,
I have just replied to the ticket before I had chance to see your reply here. As such, the response will indeed look confusing and out of context, so please ignore that.
Can you provide the further headers and this will be passed back to our net ops team for further investigation.
drj
Aspiring Pro

Another one's just arrived this morning directly into my inbox but tagged as Spam - reported via the open ticket.
This was a regular newsletter from Dabs which usually goes through without being tagged.
EDIT - just noticed another identical email from Dabs from 5 hours earlier also tagged. I've not separately reported that one since it must be largely the same.
RPMozley
Pro

Ah, I got the same with my Dabs newsletter too and two as well.
That's RPM to you!!
drj
Aspiring Pro

Just had another of these - tagged SPAM but went into my Inbox - this time I think a genuine Spam email from "Cartridge World":
Subject [-SPAM-] Back to School offers and giveaway.
I note it's taken a long time to arrive - sent 14.59 and arrived within the last hour