Did you mean: 

Spam email from YouTube

FIXED
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Spam email from YouTube

Heads up!

I've just received a very spammy-looking email purporting to come from Youtube. The subject-line reminds me of a link I may have clicked some time ago, either in the details under a video or in the comments, but I'm sending the whole thing to Junk and deleting it without further ado. It was not caught by Plusnet spam filters, strength 3.

3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Spam email from YouTube

Thanks for the warning.

It helps to report spam emails that haven't been caught by spam filtering as "spam" using the webmail button (at a time when webmail is behaving).

David
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks David. I've reported the offender as spam in Webmail now. (For future reference, does sending a message to Junk in an email client, using IMAP, have the same effect?  If so, I've now reported this one twice!)

Chris.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Fix

Only making use of the "Spam" button on the Webmail Inbox display will report the message to Cloudmark as spam. There is a corresponding "Not spam" button in the Spam folder display for reporting the reverse.

After sending the report the buttons issue "move message" commands to move them to Spam/Junk or Inbox respectively. These IMAP commands are identical to those used by email clients but these clients don't know how to submit a report.

David