Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Emails not being received

steed
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Some Emails not being received

Hi,

I recently changed the email address on some of the websites I use to my username@ic24.net email address, but I have noticed that I am not receiving emails from certain companies.

Some of these are from prominent companies such as British Gas.

I cannot see anything in the webmail settings that will allow me to add addresses from a 'safe sender' list or such.

So is there anything that can be done because it appears genuine emails are being filtered out and I end up not receiving them.

Thanks

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Some Emails not being received

Seeing as Madasafish disappeared over 4 years ago maybe it's time to move forward, not back?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @steed

Thank you for your query!

An issue such as this is hard to resolve with limited information with there being a number of potential causes. Ideally we'd need to confirm if its just this company that are having problems emailing you, how you know this, and what sort or error message (if any) are they receiving?

There is a possibility that the company is black listed. However, it is unlikely.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There is also the possibility that the MAAF mailbox is full. IIRC they have only 250MB of storage.

How are you accessing the mailbox - IMAP or POP3 client (without keep on server set)?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

steed
Rising Star

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I have had the same email address for 20 years, but since the original company has been bought out several times over the years, they are no longer providing services to old legacy accounts. Hence the need to change my email address. My secondary email address I use is @ic24 (again nearly 20 years) and is the same username as the original email provider, but just different ISP. So I am a bit attached to the username (email address). And since it was the early internet days you could pick a name that hadn't already been used before and not spend hours trying to find a unique name or reverting to using joebloggs53.

I do have a Gmail account but do not use it for any important contacts because I am not comfortable with the fact Google, and third parties read the messages. I wouldn't accept Royal Mail opening and reading my postal mail before reaching my letterbox, but understand that if you want 'free' email then you have to make sacrifices.

I have also stayed away from Plusnet email for any important mail because I have found that the spam filters or other such systems were preventing genuine emails from getting through. I didn't experience this with ic24, even when Madasafish took over.

I am using POP3 client so no messages are left on the server, so storage isn't an issue.

From what I have already read, getting access to the companies to obtain any information about what error messages or such like they are getting when sending the emails is difficult. Basically they are not interested if you are having problems receiving the emails since it is nothing to do with them, and the issues are with your email provider.

In reply to how do I know that emails are not getting through.
British Gas email me my energy bill and I always recieved them with my old email provider. Yet changing to ic24 email many weeks before the next bill would be generated I did not receive my latest bill. But it is not blanket emails from British Gas not getting through because I am receiving some from them.

Did not receive email of bill from no-reply@q.britishgas.co.uk

Received receipt for payment of bill which was sent from no-reply@britishgas.co.uk

Received COVID-19 information from no-reply@cd.britishgas.co.uk

Another company Marks and Spencer I haven't received any email from their 'sparks' newsletter/offers.

I just wondered if there were any settings I could change myself, but this doesn't appear to be the case.
steed
Rising Star

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I have had the same email address for 20 years, but since the original company has been bought out several times over the years, they are no longer providing services to old legacy accounts. Hence the need to change my email address. My secondary email address I use is @ic24 (again nearly 20 years) and is the same username as the original email provider, but just different ISP. So I am a bit attached to the username (email address). And since it was the early internet days you could pick a name that hadn't already been used before and not spend hours trying to find a unique name or reverting to using joebloggs53.

I do have a Gmail account but do not use it for any important contacts because I am not comfortable with the fact Google, and third parties read the messages. I wouldn't accept Royal Mail opening and reading my postal mail before reaching my letterbox, but understand that if you want 'free' email then you have to make sacrifices.

I have also stayed away from Plusnet email for any important mail because I have found that the spam filters or other such systems were preventing genuine emails from getting through. I didn't experience this with ic24, even when Madasafish took over.

I am using POP3 client so no messages are left on the server, so storage isn't an issue.

From what I have already read, getting access to the companies to obtain any information about what error messages or such like they are getting when sending the emails is difficult. Basically they are not interested if you are having problems receiving the emails since it is nothing to do with them, and the issues are with your email provider.

British Gas email me my energy bill and I always recieved them with my old email provider. Yet changing to ic24 email many weeks before the next bill would be generated I did not receive my latest bill. But it is not blanket emails from British Gas not getting through because I am receiving some from them:

Received receipt for payment of bill which was sent from no-reply@britishgas.co.uk

Another company Marks and Spencer I haven't received any emails from their 'sparks' newsletter/offers.

I just wondered if there were any settings I could change myself, but this doesn't appear to be the case.
steed
Rising Star

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I have had the same email address for 20 years, but since the original company has been bought out several times over the years, they are no longer providing services to old legacy accounts. Hence the need to change my email address. My secondary email address I use is @ic24 (again nearly 20 years) and is the same username as the original email provider, but just different ISP. So I am a bit attached to the username (email address). And since it was the early internet days you could pick a name that hadn't already been used before and not spend hours trying to find a unique name or reverting to using joebloggs53.

British Gas email me my energy bill and I always recieved them with my old email provider. Yet changing to ic24 email many weeks before the next bill would be generated I did not receive my latest bill. But it is not blanket emails from British Gas not getting through because I am receiving some from them.

Another company Marks and Spencer I haven't received any email from their 'sparks' newsletter/offers.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Are you still encountering this issue?

Reading the last update, it sounds similar issues seen before from some bulk emailers (specifically M&S) to @*.plus.com addressees.  I think @bobpullen and @JonoH  were involved in grinding that one out.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

steed
Rising Star

Hi,

I have received a couple of emails from Marks & Spencer (Sparks) sparks@news.marksandspencer.com earlier this month, so I am at least getting some through now, which wasn't the case before. It's hard to say with all the current disruption whether more have been sent that I didn't receive.

With British Gas I only get billed quarterly, so are not due another bill yet.