cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow or none updating emails on samsung phone and tablet

adams3

Slow or none updating emails on samsung phone and tablet

I have had very slow email retrieval on my Samsung tablet for quite some time but was able to get almost instant email retrieval via my Huawei T5 Nova phone so wasn’t bothered, but I have upgraded to Samsung A53 phone and I’m having the same slow retrieval problem on that.

I have tried lots of different email clients and it getting my emails takes about 24 – 36 hours after they are sent on the Sansung devices

If I log in to the webmail again instant emails.

Can anyone help please.

Thx in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Re: Slow or none updating emails on samsung phone and tablet

@adams3 

A warm welcome to the forums.

Normally I would suggest checking to see if there is an email with a large attachment which can give rise to the problem described.  However I also did a Google search for Samsung A53 and slow email retrieval ... looks like a device issue.

Here is a starter for you - Question - galaxy a53 Really lagging and slow?? | Page 2 | XDA Forums (xda-developers.com) - see post #22 - have a poke around this forum's advice.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adams3

thanks for the suggestion, so why would it be the same on my tablet which is latlest 2 or 3 years old?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

Check for a large mail item.

Which tablet? This is the second report of android tables having email performance issues. Do you get reports of server time outs?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.