Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow email retrieval

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Slow email retrieval

Just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing slow performance using Plusnet email. Last evening it was taking ages to download new messages using my home connection, but today I'm getting similar when connecting via my work connection.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Slow email retrieval

@maranello I've been wondering the same for a couple of days, but today seems to have speeded up a bit.Undecided

I collect my mail via MailWasher Pro to Thunderbird using POP3, and noticed that both of them were having longer than normal waiting times, but I've just watched MW do its' 10 minutely check, and then downloaded eight messages to TB, and it looks like someone has remembered to feed the hamster.Cheesy

John
andrewjasper

I am having problems with my Samsung Galaxy S8.

It has been really slow for a few months.

It suddenly started happening.

Before it was quick then takes so long to retrieve emails. Once it starts getting them it is quick. But the start is so slow.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @andrewjasper,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue. First things first I would recommend turning the phone off for a good 30 seconds and then powering it back up to see if the same issue still persists. It's also worth making sure that the phone is updated to the latest firmware and also checking that any background apps aren't running that might be slowing your phone down whilst trying to access your mail.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
andrewjasper

Hi TheMightyAJ

Thank you for your response. I did respond to the email but the contents is not here.

This has been happening for about six months during which time:

• my phone has been powered off at least 20 times (a conservative estimate);
  • has had the latest firmware within 24/48 hours of it being released and
  • I always close down background apps to save battery.
  • My wife’s Samsung S7 has beed experiencing the same issues (different phone;firmware;apps;user) so it is not an isolated issue related to just my phone.
  • Other people have been having issues – on the forum.

Thank you

Andrew

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @andrewjasper,

Thank you for confirming what has been happening when you try accessing your emails via your phone and for letting us know that this is also affecting your wife's handset. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Please can you confirm whether you experience any problems with accessing your emails via our webmail platform or if this is just affecting the mail client on your Samsung phones?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

My experience is that irrespective of whatever device I use, either using an email client or Webmail, and testing using both home and work connections, mail retrieval can be slow at various times. 

My other car isn't a Ferrari