cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short-cut to Webmail

SaintG

Short-cut to Webmail

Hi,

Does anyone have a working shortcut to the PlusNet Webmail site from their desktop (Windows 10 in my case)?

I've tried asking the company direct, but all avenues seem totally clogged at the moment, and indeed for the past two weeks or more. The Instant Chat line has been anything but instant each time I've tried, and 50 plus minutes of repeated messages and musak (thank heavens for the 'speakerphone' button) before I finally gave up holding on to the phoneline. Both avenues, previously promptly and efficiently responded to, now appear to indicate a severely over-burdened or under-manned Customer Service team.

Fruitless searches through the Q&A pages finally led me to registering onto the Forum in the hope of a more successful outcome (none of the key-words I tried raised even a relevant category)

Currently I have to search Google for the main site, access it and key the 'Webmail' link to take me to the webmail security window.

Gmail provides a desktop link, PlusNet don't appear to provide one, nor an app either, but all attempts to verify the accuracy of this have so far failed with the not unreasonable exhaustion of my patience.

Hopefully someone here can provide a suitable answer.

7 REPLIES 7
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Short-cut to Webmail

By shortcut do you mean a link to the webmail?

https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-use-webmail/#trigger-0

the direct link to webmail is https://webmail.plus.net/

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

SaintG

Hi Jaread, sorry, Gaffer,

Thanks for a very prompt response, and for the link which is fine, except the only way I can utilise it is to store it in a file on my desktop, to open, copy and paste into the address line of the search-engine. Granted that cuts out a bit  of my current burdensome path to webmail access, but not what I was hoping for.  In my original query I referred to Gmail, abandoned in favour of PN Webmail because I find the layout more user-friendly, and the interface with my basic email account sound, and reliable.

I'd hoped to find some way of acquiring a PNW desktop icon similar in concept to GM's so allowing a one-click connection with my webmail account once away from my desktop. The (apparent) current lack of such a facility spoils, or more correctly at least, burdens an otherwise perfect solution to my away-from-home email access.

Apologies if my original query failed to explain my predicament satisfactorily, I hope the above clarifies my request, and more pertinently, that PlusNet can provide the solution to it.

Kind regards,

P.(SaintG)

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

works for me - it opens my default web browser automatically and is shown on my desktop as a shortcut to a URL

2016-10-07_131706.jpg

SaintG

Thanks for your input Oldjim, (and for the picky of the URL's Properties window), I have tried adding the URL to my desktop, but the only way the system responds positively when I do so is when I have the link pasted onto a desktop file, from which I copy & paste into the search engine address window. That works fine and, as I told Jaread, is certainly a shorter path to PNW  but not entirely what I was hoping for.

However, I'm glad it works ok for you. If you can spare the time to respond further, what OS are you using?

Kind regards, SaintG.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Windows 7 but there may be a different reason - I am using Firefox as my default browser

Are you using Edge as that tends to behave differently

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

I am not sure I entirely follow your requirements.

If it is a shortcut to Webmail on the desktop you are after, from your browser you can left click a link and drag it to your desktop to create a new shortcut.

You mention an app but this is web based email so you access it via a browser. The email can hooked up to desktop applications like Outlook, Windows Mail, Mac Mail and others, you just need to set it up. You can read about that here:

https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

SaintG

Hi Oldjim and Jaread,

Many thanks for all your input, playing around with the information you both provided I've managed to create a stable desktop icon to take me directly to the PNW sign-in page, perhaps not EXACTLY what I originally had in mind but it achieves the purpose that drove me to the forum in the first place, so, one happy saint!

In answer to your question Oldjim, I've migrated O/S from Seven to Ten, but have stuck to IE and Google for internet access and browsing. Some niggling early probs. now ironed out, my initial reluctance to the whole idea is (almost) completely overcome, and I'm generally finding it an increasingly helpful system.

My Brother uses Firefox, and speaks very highly of it's merits, so perhaps I'll investigate it's potential for myself in the future.

Jaread, I understand you are part of PN's admin, and am indeed grateful for your speedy intervention. Having expected a protracted wait for any response I am delighted to have been steered to a result without any delay whatsoever.

My gratitude and kind regards to you both, SaintG.