cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up outlook

patsy2

Setting up outlook

Hi all

I have recently joined PlusNet from virginmedia, I need to change my outlook address as I will lose this within 90 days, but the email address that has been set up with PN is ridiculously long and I am unsure how I can change it, I notice I have alia and mailbox? How can I change this to a simple email address like I had with Virginmedia, which was made up of a name and a number, I am really confused by it all : (

Many thanks in advance

Patsy

1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Setting up outlook

Hi Patsy,

A warm welcome to the forums.

In what way do you find the PlusNET email addresses ‘ridiculously’ long? They are the same as any other email addresses mailaddress@domain-name.tld

Many ISP’s email addressing is restricted to youaccount@their-domain.com - you get a single email address.

With Plusnet’s Mail service you have your own domain name @youraccount.plus.com - you can then have any number of mailboxes on your domain, something few ISPs offer. Combine the two and you can create...

anyname@youraccount.plus.com

The left hand side can be as short (or long) as you please, whilst the right hand side is what it is and fixed. Did you create a long account name?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.