cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up email on Outlook 365 windows 10

Davelank

Setting up email on Outlook 365 windows 10

Hi,

I am trying to set up my plusnet IMAP a/c on a new PC running Win 10 and Outlook 365.

I have used the advanced setup & followed the guide but it won't set up the a/c.  I have successfully set up a Gmail a/c.  I have checked my password is correct by logging onto webmail.  Please can you suggest what I do next.

https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

Thanks in advance Smiley 

3 REPLIES 3
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 32

Re: Setting up email on Outlook 365 windows 10

Hi @Davelank, I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble in trying to set up your email on a outlook client as of recent. By all means if you'd like to attach a couple of print screens/photos of your client settings set-up then we'll happily take a look and highlight anything that may be out of place for you? I'd advise to cover up any references to your account username and password however.

Ben Devine
 Plusnet Help Team
Davelank

Hi Ben

Thanks.  I have attached a pic of the settings.  I have tried 25 as well as 587 for the outgoing port without success.

Thanks

Davelank

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 778

Hi @Davelank thanks for the screenshot. Those settings look correct to me. To try to diagnose this further would you be able to send me a private message with screenshots showing each step of the process you go through?

Alternatively if you're free for a call today I'd be happy to call you back and go through what's known as remote support  which means I'll log on to your computer from here and see if I can fix this for you first hand.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team