Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up email on Outlook 365 windows 10

FIXED
Davelank
Fixes: 1

Setting up email on Outlook 365 windows 10

Hi,

I am trying to set up my plusnet IMAP a/c on a new PC running Win 10 and Outlook 365.

I have used the advanced setup & followed the guide but it won't set up the a/c.  I have successfully set up a Gmail a/c.  I have checked my password is correct by logging onto webmail.  Please can you suggest what I do next.

https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

Thanks in advance Smiley 

6 REPLIES 6
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Setting up email on Outlook 365 windows 10

Hi @Davelank, I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble in trying to set up your email on a outlook client as of recent. By all means if you'd like to attach a couple of print screens/photos of your client settings set-up then we'll happily take a look and highlight anything that may be out of place for you? I'd advise to cover up any references to your account username and password however.

Davelank

Hi Ben

Thanks.  I have attached a pic of the settings.  I have tried 25 as well as 587 for the outgoing port without success.

Thanks

Davelank

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Davelank thanks for the screenshot. Those settings look correct to me. To try to diagnose this further would you be able to send me a private message with screenshots showing each step of the process you go through?

Alternatively if you're free for a call today I'd be happy to call you back and go through what's known as remote support  which means I'll log on to your computer from here and see if I can fix this for you first hand.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Davelank

Fix

I got there in the end.  After putting in your password a dialogue box will appear (see attached image).  Where it says "User Name" your email address will be shown but replace this with your Plusnet user name.

Moderators Note: Personal information removed from image.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

You might want to edit that image @Davelank as it has your e-mail address and your PlusNet user name in the header of that window.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Glad to hear it's resolved @Davelank, give us a nudge if you need further assistance.

Thanks.