cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Email on iphone 3g

haddenham

Setting up Email on iphone 3g

Hello Everyone,
I have Email working fine on my pc with plusnet but my problem is making it work on an iphone.
Is this posible to do ,if so how Please as I have followed all instructions but I can send a Angry Angry Sad Test email to myself but only receive it on my P.C. Can someone please advise on what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks in anticipation,
KenB.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Setting up Email on iphone 3g

haddenham

Thanks Jim,
for answering so quickly,tried the instructions you suggested a number of times with no success the odd thing is according to this guide my account is set up. Should notification of an email Show up on my iphone or do Ineed to ask the server if I have any email waiting. It's obviously something I'm doing wrong.
Regards,KenB.
WigleyEvans

Hi Ken,
Did you solve your problem ? I cannot get Madasafish working with mu iPhone even though I have spoken several times to their technical people and tried the link suggested by OldJim below.
Please let me know if and how you solved the problem.
With best wishes,
Peter
haddenham

Hello Peter,
I managed to solve the problem I had apparently my original email system was pop3 which would work on my pc but not on the iphone.
On the advice of plusnet my broadband provider I removed Outlook Express and I now use something provided by plusnet called Squirrel Mail and Hey Presto it seems to work.
Hope this helps,
Ken. Cool