cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service terminated without warning

alisonc

Service terminated without warning

In February my Plusnet contract came to an end, and I signed up with John Lewis.  Received an email from Plusnet confirming that my landline service was moving; they hadn’t got details of the broadband transfer, but that should be transferring on the same date, and they would get in touch with further details. No further emails received at that time.

The transfer of phone and broadband took place on 14th February.  I tried setting up emails with John Lewis, but they don’t seem to have the option for more than one email address, and as my emails were still coming through via Plusnet, I did nothing further.

On 7th May I received two emails from Plusnet, one confirming that my request for cancellation was to take place on 7th May, and the other stating that there was a problem processing my broadband order and they were looking into it.

At that point, all emails stopped coming through.  I have spoken twice with customer services, and asked them to reinstate my email account; they tell me that “the account has been destroyed”, and therefore they are unable to do anything. 

I had no warning that the account was going to be closed, nor was I ever informed that I would be able to keep my email account active, should I wish to do so.  As they still have my phone number, username and password recorded, I do not understand how this cannot be sorted out, and the account reactivated.

2 REPLIES 2
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Service terminated without warning

Hi @alisonc,

I'm very sorry that you were not made aware that your Plusnet email address would be closed and for any inconvenience that this is causing you.

As your account has recently closed, I've raised this to our network operations team and have asked that they reopen this as a mail only account, there's no charge for this and you'll be able to re add your previous mailboxes once the account is reopened. I'll be in touch once we've received an update from our network operations team, which will be within the next three working days.

I'm sorry that the advisors told you that it wouldn't be possible for us to restore your email addresses after the account had been closed. It does appear that a lot of advisors are unaware that our network operations team are able to do this and so I have passed on feedback so that this can be addressed internally.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
alisonc

Re: Service terminated without warning

Thank you very much!