Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent emails not listed

fred77
Rising Star

Sent emails not listed

Hi.

Using WIN 10 Mail. "Sent" messages don't show up in the "sent" folder, although they did until about 2 months ago. Can't find why. Account setup had outgoing server as smtp.plus.net, so have changed it to relay.plus.net as I saw that is the correct configuration, But still no sent messages shown. Any ideas please?

Thanks, John

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Sent emails not listed

Win10 Mail is a right Royal pain!  Note, I am presuming you are using Win 10 Mail with an IMAP connection, expecting the sent items to be stored on the sever in the "Sent" folder?

Wun10 Mail makes up its own mind where it puts things, unlike most good email clients, you cannot specify which folder (name) to use.  It chooses "Sent Items" and if such a folder does not exist, it creates one.  The UI on Win10 Mail is a bit odd, the folders you readily see are only those marked as "favourites" - if you look under "more folders" you should see one called "Sent Items" - make it a favourite.

Because Win10 Mail is so inflexible, if you use this mail box from other IMAP clients, you might find life simpler if you change the configuration on everything else to use "Sent Items" rather than sent "Sent" folder.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @fred77

Firstly can we please check that the settings match the bellow? 

PN.png

if they are all correct there's a conversation on the Microsoft forum that may be more help, I'm not trying to send you away... but a quick read of the page shows multiple different causes and fixes that they'd be best equipped to help with,

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
fred77
Rising Star

Yes, these are the settings,,,,,,

Incoming

imap.plus.net:143:0

Outgoing

relay.plus.net:587:0

Interestingly, I tried the previous poster's advice and made "Sent items" a Favourite and sent myself an email and it listed it in there, but only for a minute or two!!! A bit odd. Any ideas? i will visit the Microsoft site and delve into it there as well.

Thanks,

John

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

sent myself an email and it listed it in there, but only for a minute or two

That rather sounds like there is a POP3 email client also attached to this mail box … which is reading emails and removing them from the server.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.