cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent Webmail to Outlook Sent folder

Mav
Fixes: 515

Sent Webmail to Outlook Sent folder

I rarely use Webmail to send emails but a few times a year I have had to. I now have several Webmail sent boxes with emails in and would like them moved to an Outlook 2007 Sent folder.

Is there an easy way this can be done other than forwarding them or switching to IMAP?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Sent Webmail to Outlook Sent folder

Hey Mav, you should be able to download the .eml files. it's under "more actions" in the right-click menu. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav

Thanks for the reply @adamwalker. Unfortunately when I select all the emails then 'More Options - Download' the .eml option is greyed out meaning I would have to do each individually.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@Mav The download .eml option will be greyed out because by definition such files contain only one message. The Download Mbox format (.zip) produces a compressed file which contains a single .mbox file - which (effectively) holds the .eml text with structure wrapping.

I think third party apps exist to convert Mbox files to Outlook's PST format.

However isn't it possible to set up an IMAP account in Outlook 2007 to connect to the webmail mailbox, then copy files between folders in the IMAP account and folders in the consolidation one?

David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Mav, yes I'm not aware of a way to do that with multiple messages.  - Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav

@adamwalker

No problem.

@spraxyt

I wanted to avoid going down the IMAP route so will look into the zip file option over the weekend.

Thanks all.