cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent Email bouncing back

blakeley

Sent Email bouncing back

Just started happening today            552 message rejected due to spam or virus
On some received email that I then forwarded to a family member for their opinion and on a link sent to a friend. Is this something new? Turned off the spam filter because frankly Gmail do a better job, before I raise a ticket can this be turned off for out going because it's annoying when it's 100% false positive.
--
Ian
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Sent Email bouncing back

Hi Ian,
No, it cannot be disabled for outgoing mail without using a third party SMTP server.
Is this happening to messages you try forwarding from a specific individual or source? Or is it happening when you try forwarding to a specific individual or recipient?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

blakeley

It was one forwarded message from an estate agent with property particulars (pretty innocuous) which I was forwarding to my wife and a link to a site with an invite code I sent to a friend. I really don't want my email.stopped in this way.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It will probably be due to the poor reputation of one of the domains in the forwarded message or the sender's/recipient's email address. The error is normally accompanied by a seemingly random string of characters which can be used by our support staff to locate the problem and request that our anti-spam vendor reset the domain's reputation.
As mentioned in my last post, there's no easy way to circumvent the scanning without using a different outbound mail server I'm afraid Undecided

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

blakeley

The strings of characters after digging through my deleted mails
ieLd1p0035JYWgG01eLeho
ibgj1p0075JYWgG01bgkNG
ibbr1p0045JYWgG01bbsyn
ibYY1p0085JYWgG01bYZgS
ibXk1p0045JYWgG01bXld2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Probably best to raise a support ticket under normal circumstances. On this occasion I've done it on your behalf though and asked for the false positives to be reset (ref: 98079067).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team