cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending emails from phone

mortons4
Dabbler

Sending emails from phone

I've had to reset my settings for email, now when I try to send an email from my iPhone, it says it sending but it never arrives! The settings are attached, can anyone see anything wrong?
5 REPLIES 5
bobboulby
Grafter

Re: Sending emails from phone

Your username should be in the format PlusNet account username+mailboxname (so for example account+mail). If you've not already seen it there is a set-up guide here http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/ios-setup.shtml.
Bob
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If this is the primary mail box, then it is just username.  If the account details were wrong an SMTP access error would be reported.
A few more details of the problem might help.  Does the email get placed in the sent folder?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Can't see from the screen dump whether SSL is ON or OFF but it needs to be OFF.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

That's Off in iOS 7, not green but white. Nothing in that setup seems wrong to me, as far as can be seen. Removing and readding the account sometimes seems to fix problems.
That's RPM to you!!
mortons4
Dabbler

Thanks for all your help removing and adding again did the trick