cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending emails from abroad

bkcjones

Sending emails from abroad

Hi,
I have been a Plusnet user for about 6 months. When I set up my email I added two other users to my email domain. One of these users is often abroad as she works on a cruise ship. She has told me that while working in the Caribbean in the last few months she was unable to send emails via her Ipod Touch although she appeared to be able to receive them okay. She can also receive emails through her old Sky account. She came home recently and I checked her settings and all seemd okay. It seemed to be working fine through my home wireless network. She went away again this time on holiday to the Philippines, and she sent me a test message from Schiphol airport (Amsterdam), no problem. However she in now in Manila and again cannot sent emails. Response message is "Cannot send, recipent address wrong". Of course, it not wrong as it worked okay already.
Can anyone help explain this? We have never had this problem with my old sky account. Is there some additional setting that I need to make to make this work abroad. Of course, I realise that there is no guarantee that the local hotspot she was using didn't have a problem, but it is happening too many times for that to be the case almost everywhere she goes. Thanks for your help.
4 REPLIES 4
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: Sending emails from abroad

I had a similar problem in Spain at Christmas.  The problem was that Movistar (ISP) had blocked port 25.
Loon
Grafter

I am having the same problem from png and need to get e mail up.
Does anybody know how to solve this please?
Rob
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Try setting your outgoing mail to use port 587 instead of port 25.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I assume you were using an authenticated send when you tried the PN relay.
If port 25 is being blocked by the local mobile service/ISP you need to use their relay server rather than PN's, details should be available on their website.
Alternatively, if you have a gmail account you might be able to send using the gmail server.
David